Saturday, September 4, 2010

New Kicks and Pizza

I got started on my day a lot later than I had intended, but sometimes its nice to know you got to sleep in. I went out for my 4 mile run around noon. It was surprisingly cool and cloudy at first, but of course as soon as I got started running the clouds broke and the sun started shining. It was about 85 (which is about 10-15 degrees cooler than it has been in Houston lately.) I really enjoy going to this local park that has a few different trails. Today since I had 4 miles to cover I chose the 1 1/3 mile trail, so I could run it 3 times and hit my 4 miles. I did a tempo run. Lap 1 and 3 were run at about a 9 min pace and the middle lap, lap 2, at about an 8 minute pace. It felt pretty challenging, but do-able. I ended up finishing around 35:15. When I got home I did Level 2 of the 30-day shred by Jillian Michaels for some strength and toning. Love Jillian!

After my workout I had this:


Whole wheat almond butter and jelly fold over

Lately I've been wondering how the heck I ever could run a half marathon in an 8:35 pace, I have been struggling to get myself back to that pace. I know I'm being hard on myself but, back in February I ran my first half marathon and finished with a great pace. After that training, I got focused more on just staying fit for my wedding, and life got hectic between work and wedding planning. Running, at least running longer distances, was not my priority. I felt like I was on top of my running game back in February and I could go run 10 miles no sweat, I seriously think I could have gone out and run a full marathon then. I have to remind myself that everyone goes through phases in training and eventually I will get back to that point when I felt so confident in my running ability.

After my work out and shower I headed to the mall. I've been hearing rumors about a new Forever 21 store and how great it was. It was HUGE! It was soo sooo overwhelming I didn't know where to begin looking. I did end up with some good loot by the time I left the mall.

One pair of new shoes I got :-)

Since I AM getting up and joining that running club I mentioned the other day hubby and I took it easy tonight. I put my little black apron on and made homemade pizza and enjoyed some vino. Now we are watching some  TCU football (hubby loves football!). These are my favorite kind of nights- the ones spent with your loved ones just relaxing and enjoying good food.
When hubby and I share pizza we always have to do a half and half. My size was a little mozzarella, crumbled feta, basil and tomatoes. Hubby's side was cheese, and extra cheese, bacon, basil, and red pepper.
and VINO of course!


I must head towards bed. I've got a 7:00 AM 9-mile run. I haven't ran that far in over 6 months! Hopefully it goes well. I hope everyone is enjoying their evening as much as I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment