Saturday, September 4, 2010

Pollo Loco

The hubby and I went out for some happy hour last night! Pre-marriage it seems like we used to do this more often, but I guess now marriage has aged us and Friday nights are spent curled up on the couch watching Two and a Half  Men and in bed by 10:30. OK, so last night might not have been sooo different we were still in bed early but, instead of the couch and TV, we had margaritas and "Pollo Loco!"

It's a fabulous dish where they give you half of a roasted chicken on a fajita skillet. I also enjoyed a yummy raspberry margarita! I think Friday nights were meant for Mexican food and a margarita! After eating we went to enjoy the company of one of our friends who was bartending, and I lived on the wild side and had a glass of water with two limes and hubby had another cocktail.

Hubby and I are newlyweds. We got married this summer on June 12, 2010. It was a beautiful and fun beach wedding thanks for the help of our lovely family and friends, and of course each other!



We went on a beautiful honeymoon in Puerto Vallarta, Mexico. We had a blast getting to spend a whole week long dream vacation together.
We are highschool sweet hearts and Hubby is really my best friend. It's been rather challenging getting hubby to jump on the healthy eating healthy living bandwagon. He likes to eat his cheeseburgers with extra bacon, frozen pizzas,  and french fries, if it's bad for you he likes it! Funny thing is I actually used to be the same way until I realized it wasn't really agreeing with my figure, and it definitely wasn't going to fuel me for my workouts.

It's about time for me to start the day. Our alarm clock bit the dust a few days ago which allowed me to sleep in this morning. I didnt wake up until nearly 10. I made myself a nice cup of pressed coffee, and heated up a yummy blueberry coconut muffin. I've been on a muffin kick lately, and I think I have about 2 dozen blueberry coconut, pineapple-zuchinni, and cinnamon muffins in the freezer right now.

Well, I've got my tennis shoes on and I'm geared up to go enjoy a nice run at the park, followed by some strength training. Have a blessed Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment